The good sides of having a geothermal system can be classed according to their reliability, flexibility, efficiency, safety, convenience, financial benefits, and renewable energy advantages.
These are some of the features homeowners don’t know about geothermal heating and cooling systems. In this piece, we shall look briefly into these features.
Things You Should Know About Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems
Reliability and Safety Benefits Of Geothermal HVAC Unit
- Geothermal HVAC systems are having fewer moving parts. Therefore, it reduces maintenance stress.
- They have no external parts unlike the regular AC units, reduced wear, and tear. Therefore, there is no fear of dirt getting into the system or issues of vandalism.
- Geothermal heating systems can last longer than regular systems. Also, it comes with a long-term warranty and user-friendly.
- Its natural resources alleviate the danger of explosion, and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Flexibility & Convenience Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Unit
- Geothermal units work as heating and cooling systems. This automatically reduces the cost of two big units in one body.
- They can serve as heavy duties – power larger facilities which include heating the swimming pool and the whole building.
- They are environmentally friendly because of their silent work.
- They take up less space unlike traditional heating and cooling systems, which make them convenient.
- It produces high-quality air. This makes asthmatic individuals breathe and live healthier.
- Geothermal units regulate a balanced heating and cooling system in the home.
- During hot summer periods, geothermal systems help to dehumidify homes and maintain fresher atmospheric conditions.
Efficiency Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Unit
- Geothermal systems use less electricity than regular heating and cooling units.
- They are six times more efficient in collecting heat energy compared to electrical energy.
Financial Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Unit
- Geothermal systems are indeed more expensive than the regular HVAC systems, but the payback over the years would be more beneficial, with a reduced cost of maintenance
- You can save more on your AC units through effective geothermal planning, compared to the regular electric heat pumps. They are the perfect solution for every home.
- Geothermal systems do not need to make use of costly fossils fuels to produce heat. They make use of solar energy absorbed by the earth. This makes them less expensive and efficient alternatives for homes, unlike any other ordinary HVAC units.
- They require little maintenance and maintaining them is less expensive, repairs also come with a small price.
- Geothermal can be used for residential or for bigger buildings. Fortunately, they are the revolutionary technology that is boosting sustainability and at the same time gives luxurious life alongside.
Renewable Energy Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Unit
- Geothermal systems are renewable sources of energy that alleviate pollution, and they are friendly to nature around them.
- The use of natural resources and reduced emissions make geothermal heating and cooling systems function in the reduction of global warming.
- Though electricity is used to power a geothermal system. But the fact is that it uses between 25% to 50% less energy compared to the traditional heating and cooling systems.
Reading through these advantages of geothermal systems, now homeowners should get a clear picture and the difference between the regular and geothermal HVAC systems.