Yogis of India have been often talked about the topic of yoga and meditation for the wellbeing of man. Ancient yogis kept a great and deep understanding of the functioning of the human body.
They had understood the structure of the human body, which is why I consider him the greatest Guru of that time. He had described such asanas of meditating for spiritual progress by which man can feel ecstasy.
By the way, meditation is the seventh part of Ashtanga Yoga, and before that, one should also practice Pranayama. But today I will tell you such postures which the great yogi of that time used to meditate.
Best Meditation Posture
Let us know such 5 important meditative postures that yogis adopted and interviewed the divine.
1. Siddhasana –
- For sitting on the asana, leave your legs open.
- Now place the heel of the left foot between the anus and the reproductive senses. Place the heel of the right foot above the reproductive senses in such a way that there is no pressure on the genitals and testicles.
- If you want, you can also change the order of the feet.
- The soles of both feet remain in the middle part of the thighs.
- Keep the palm upward.
- In this way, keep both hands on each other in the lap or keep both hands above both knees in the Gyan posture.
- Keep your eyes open or closed.
- Allow the breath to move naturally at rest.
- Focus your attention on the command chakra cycle between your two eyes.
- You can practice this asana for 5 minutes to an hour.
The practice of this asana leads to salvation. With this asana, the Muladhara Chakra is activated and semen also goes upward. Due to which the face becomes sharp and the body also becomes radiant. This asana helps in celibacy, which is very important for spiritual growth.
2. Padmasana –
- Use a yoga mat to perform the asana. Choose an open environment or a quiet place.
- Then, looking in front, straighten the spine and keep the legs spread.
- Now gently bend the right knee and keep it on the left thigh.
- And similarly, bend the left knee and keep it on the right thigh.
- When both legs are bent, make Gyan Mudra or Vayu Mudra with your hands and keep them on your knees.
- Keep in mind that keep the neck and waist straight.
- Take long and deep breaths slowly and continue the process normally.
- Do this process 2 times a day and keep practicing for about 5 to 10 minutes.
By doing this the yogi becomes liberated. There is no doubt about the flow of life in practice.
3. Swastikasana –
The swastika symbol is an important symbol of Hinduism, all of them know this. This sign is both spiritual and physical. Saint Vashistha used to sit in this posture and meditate.
To do this, tying a triangular posture with both the thighs and the feet soles placed in the middle of the knees and sitting in a simple gesture is called Swastikasana.
4. Gomukhasana –
- First, sit in the Sukhasana. After that, place the heel of one foot under the butts in such a way that it comes under the anus area.
- And bend the second leg and place it on top of the first leg. Sage named Vishwamitra had meditated for the first time by sitting in this posture.
This awakens the Muladhara Chakra, which causes meditation to begin as soon as possible. Men who have difficulty in practicing Brahmacharya must do this asana.
5. Muktasana –
As the name itself suggests, it is a liberating posture. Yogis sit in this asana and meditate, by which they also attain siddhis or knowledge. This asana is very beneficial in awakening the Kundalini (Best Meditation Posture).
- Sit on both feet, merge the two ankles together but keep a little gap in the toes.
- Put all the weight on the claw and heel. Place the ankles between the anus and the penis and spread the knees outward. Practice meditation by meditating.
Can I lie down and meditate?
By the way, meditation is always done by sitting. While lying down, yoga is done. Yes, you can do deep breathing by lying down so that your mind will be calm and the body will be free of disorder.
Which hand posture should you meditate on?
Meditation should be done only by applying meditation posture. By applying this mudra, a person immediately meditates and experiences bliss.
Those who are willing to meditate (Best Meditation Posture), choose one of the postures mentioned above and start meditation. Through meditation, you can improve your mental and physical health and lead a healthy life.
Along with this, If you keep a desire to in-depth your knowledge about yoga asana, so you could become part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.