Nobody wants to fall prey to any sort of emergency and serious situations. Everybody wants to be safe, but it is not in our hands.
We can play a role as a victim at any stage and moment of life. Thus, it is our responsibility to make ourselves safe. We can do this after knowing perfect guide tips, precautions, and safety measures.
In this article, we will discuss the Ultimate safety tips, guides, and precautions for various emergency circumstances.
We never want to fall prey in an emergency situation, but we should still know how to take ourselves out from those life taking situations which can leave a major impact on you and your family. Humans only want to stay safe, and thus, it is one of the basic needs of all humans.
There is no guarantee you can never be into any accident; no one can take that guarantee. So, as a human, we have to learn some preventive measures that can take us out of these situations. In this article, we will discuss the following preventive tips.
- Fire Safety
- Road Safety
- Personal Safety
- Children Safety
- Home Safety
Ultimate safety tips for Various Circumstances
1. Fire Safety
Do you know the fact that there are almost over 1 million deaths that are caused by fire accidents around the world? When we compare this number to the U.S., there are almost 3000 deaths annually that are caused by fire claims. You can also be one of them, so to keep yourself safe, you should learn the tips and precautions to avoid such mishaps.
Fire Safety tips when you are at home or any workplace
Most of the fire accidents that occur at home are because of carelessness in cooking. This alone accounts for almost 50.8 percent of the total home fire. This is one of the most prime reasons for fires at home.
Some more practices which can lead to such consequences are overheating which accounts for almost 10.8 percent of the total, Different Malfunction which is 6.4 percent, and careless which has also a fair percentage is causing fire accidents at home. Follow these tips to overcome such a situation,
- You should keep a fire extinguisher at home which will help you to extinguish the small fire. Also, learn how to operate fire extinguishers because you will surely mess up the things when you will need that urgently.
- The basic thing which you can install in your home for safety purposes is smoke detectors. They will buzz an alarm whenever they will detect any sort of smoke in the home. You also have to check them on a regular basis to see if they are working properly or not.
- You have to be more careful while using a flammable liquid, match, or lighter at home. After use, put them at safe places away from any type of small fire or such.
- You can also learn a few preventive measures to handle a fire situation like to learn how to cope with the gas leakage and gas pipe for emergency purposes.
- Your electrical appliances can also become a reason for a fire at your home or workplace. A short circuit is enough to do the bad. So, to prevent this keep a monthly check up on the electric devices so that they never cause any trouble.
- After smoking at the workplace or your home, keep in mind that you have to put the burnt remaining cigarette in the ashtray. Also, make sure that the ashtray is deep enough so that it gasps the full burnt cigarette all at once. Never ever toss your cigarette here and there.
- If you are working in an office, make sure you know about the secret escape routes that will help you to get out of the situation.
What to do after a fire
- First of all, accept that your workplace or home is burning and get ready for the losses. Another thing which you have to do is to not create a panic situation else you will not be able to control the fire and more loss can also be faced.
- The next thing which you have to do is to not enter the house till provided with permission and let the professionals do their work. Till then, stay in some safe place.
- If you are inside at any fireplace then rush out towards the exit as soon as possible. Get yourself out of the building and make you never use lifts in this case. Always use the staircase for emergency exit. In some buildings there are fire exits, so use them whenever you are in any emergency.
Read More: Natural Tips For a Healthy Lifestyle
2. Road Safety
Road accidents have become a major cause of deaths in the past few years. According to an estimate, there are almost millions of deaths occurring per year around the world due to road accidents. You have to follow certain measures and tips to make yourself safe while driving or crossing the road. Here are some basic tips that you need to follow.
- While driving, always keeps to your left if you are driving in India and if you are driving in the UK, keep your vehicle always to your right. If you are running your vehicle in the left lane, then also keep yourself always left to the left lane and allow other vehicles to overtake you from your right.
- Stay left when you turn left and stay right when you turn right. This is the basic rule of driving and you have to follow this if you do not want yourself to fall prey to road accidents.
- If you are turning to the left then make sure that you turn on your left-hand side indicator and vice versa for the right-hand side turn.
- While taking a U-turn, make sure that there is not any warning sign on the road. If you find any, then avoid U-turn for your safety.
- Always wear a seat belt while in a car and helmet while on a two-wheeler.
- While Crossing the road, first of all, stop, look at both sides and then cross. Following this method will decrease the chances of road accidents.
- While driving on a one-way road, always make sure that you are driving in the right direction.
- Do not run on the road while crossing and always use zebra crossing for your purpose.
3. Personal Safety
Distractions are the main reason behind every accident. How many times do you walk on the road while using your mobile phone? You know what you do at that time? You became a victim of all the major accidents that can happen to you.
Using mobile can lead to distraction in your mind and this can make you less conscious about the surroundings. You have to take preventive measures while doing any sort of work or activity. These are important for you as well as for your surroundings. They are necessary to avoid threatening situations and to make you aware of the danger.
You can be prey for thieves, robbery, aggravated assault, and various other accidents. You can use the following measures to maintain personal safety.
- Never use your mobile phone while in a public place. If you have to text or respond to a call urgently then take a moment, get aside on the road, and then respond to the call or text. This is the best practice you can follow.
- Never be distracted in a public place. If you are distracted in public places then you are making yourself vulnerable to accidental situations.
- Never ever trust any stranger. You don’t know what is going on in his/her mind. So, do not allow any stranger to enter your home if you are alone.
- Preparation saves lives. Always carry any self-defense tool with you. You never know when you will fall in need of that.
- If you are alone at home, enable home mode alarm. What it does is, it buzzes when an unknown tries to open your gate without your permission.
- The foremost thing which you have to do is to install a camera around your home. If you are in danger, the culprit can easily be caught.
- Enable SOS mode into your mobile, watch, or any such electronic device. It will automatically send a signal to your relatives and family members if you are in any danger.
- Wear Mask whenever possible. It will keep you safe from various germs and will not allow you to fall ill.
4. Home Safety
There are almost 1800+ deaths and 21 million injurious last year because of fire at home, falls, fire alarm related accidents, and many more. If you do not want to be one of them then you have to follow some preventive measures.
You can fall prey to house robbery and such more accidents at any time. You only need to be careful at any time when you are at home. You can fall from your stairs at any time while mounting. Who knows? Here are some of the ways.
- The steps and the stairs should have proper lighting. They will prevent you from falling. Also, use clutter-free stairs.
- Use a night bulb to make sure that it should not be completely dark around and in-home.
- Use alarm and door security devices. They will send you a notification and let you know about the person who is opening your door.
- You can also use a window guard to prevent your children from falling from the window.
- Proper electricity check-ups are necessary every month so that you will have the proper report which electric outlet is consuming more power and which can create danger. Change those electric appliances as soon as possible.
- If you have something dangerous and poisonous in your home then you should be very careful about its location. Place them at a very appropriate position away from the reach of a pet or small child.
- A smoke detector is the most important thing you can install in your house. They will always alert you if excess smoke is allocated into your home. Also, check them properly every month if they are working efficiently or not.
- Make sure your flip flops don’t skid on slippery surfaces and have proper grip in them. You can face an accident any time on any slippery surface like a bathroom or washroom. They are the main reasons for the fall.
- Whenever a stranger visits your home, the first thing which you have to check is the windows and doors. Make sure that they are still locked properly. Strangers can be anyone like a plumber, carpenter, or anyone.
- Whenever you are leaving your home alone, never ever keep the keys at normal places like under the mat or anything such. Carry keys with you and if it is not possible, find a safe place to hide your keys. Make sure your hidden place should be a secret.
- If you have a gun or any such weapon at your home then it is your responsibility to teach them that they do not have to touch those weapons even accidentally. You should take care of this.
- Last and foremost thing, always keep a first-aid kit at your home and at a place where it is accessible to all the family members.
Children are the most prone members of the home who can face accidents at any time. If you are having a kid at your home then it is all your responsibility to handle them properly and guide them so that they always remain safe and away from any danger.
- Do not allow your small child to walk or run alone on the road. If they are then guide them that they have to look at both sides on the road while crossing and never have to run on the road.
- In a fire situation, rescue your child first. Keep him/her at a safe place or handle it over to the firefighters.
- You should know the value of your life. If you have got this, then you will automatically learn how to take care of yourself.
- You can also use a window guard to prevent your children from falling from the window.
- Place chemicals and poisonous away from the reach of children. Keep them at a certain height so that they can never reach them.
- Always keep an eye on their actions. Never leave your kid alone, their mind will allow them to explore new things. And in this exploration, there is a high probability they can get themselves hurt. So, always keep an eye on their actions.
- It is your responsibility to teach your child that they do not have to touch any weapon without permission. Weapons like guns, knives, and such can harm the child or you accidentally.
- Teach them in a fun manner. Play games in which there are lessons that will guide them on how to prevent themself in dangerous situations.
- You should install baby gates for your small kid at entries of the house, balcony, or railing. This way can reduce the chance of your baby falling from the top.
So, here are some tips that will keep you safe from any sort of danger. Follow them and keep yourself safe.