Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, who made his career by playing a mean villain, is being hailed as a real-life hero in India.
Sood has been aiding countless migrant workers, stranded by the Covid-19 lockdown in Mumbai, return home.
” It offered me sleep deprived evenings when I saw visuals of people walking thousands of kilometres to reach their towns,” the actor informed the BBC.
- India announced a sudden lockdown on 24 March, leaving travelers in the lurch.
- Millions found themselves without work or an income source. As well as with state boundaries sealed and trains and buses suspended, countless men, females as well as youngsters were entrusted to no other option however to stroll, occasionally greater than 1,000 kilometres (620 miles) to reach home.
- Greater than 100 have likewise passed away – either in crashes or with sheer exhaustion.
- Sood, who won prestigious awards for his role as a clever villain in the 2010 superhit Dabangg, has dealt with several of Bollywood’s most significant names such as Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan as well as Aishwarya Rai.
- For the past 2 months, the actor, along with his childhood close friend Niti Goel, has actually been actively involved in helping individuals impacted by the lockdown.
” We began in March by distributing food, we began with 500 packages of cooked dishes and also grocery stores. Today we are distributing food as well as groceries every day to 45,000 people in shanty towns, those stranded when traveling as well as those walking on the highways,” Sood informed me over the phone from Mumbai.
Source: India coronavirus: Bollywood actor Sonu Sood hailed for helping migrants
For his job, Sonu has gotten the admiration as well as support of his peers. Not as well long ago, Shilpa Shetty shared a blog post in which she showered praise on the actor for his unrelenting effort to rejoin the migrants with their households. Sharing an image of Sonu, she wrote, “Very pleased with you, @sonu_sood Selfless initiatives have to be applauded #leadbyexample #gratitude #hero #help.”